About Desert Pool Safety Nets
A Desert Pool Safety Net is a lightweight, super-strong polyethylene net that is tensioned horizontally over a swimming pool to prevent children from going under the water. As opposed to traditional "solid" swimming pool covers, it is designed to be used all year long and is very quickly and easily removed and replaced by a single adult. Once in place, the swimming pool safety net is tensioned with a unique tensioning system and children cannot remove it or get under it. Further, because the mesh of the swimming pool net is quite large, the overall look of the swimming pool and surrounding deck and garden is not spoiled, and any swimming pool features (waterfalls, spill-overs, etc.) can function at all times.
The Safety Record
The Swimming Pool Safety Net has been used in the United States for over 10 years and is quickly becoming the barrier of choice, with ZERO reported drownings when the net has been properly used.
How the Swimming Pool Safety Net Works
Crawling age: A baby crawling around the swimming pool will not stop at the edge, but would fall directly in the swimming pool. With the swimming pool safety net in place however, the baby will go maybe one or two blocks (of the swimming pool safety net) until her arms or legs go through the swimming pool safety net, preventing him or her from going any further. The swimming pool safety net will hold baby safe above the water until rescued by an adult.
Toddlers: If a child is between 18 months and 3 years, is playing around the swimming pool and happens to fall on the swimming pool safety net, the worst thing that could happen is a splash on impact and the child may get wet. After the initial 'splash', as in the case of a baby, the swimming pool safety net would hold the child above the water until rescued by an adult.
Bigger children: If bigger children fall on the swimming pool safety net they also would get wet & perhaps very wet. However, the swimming pool safety net will keep them from sinking and they can use it to scramble out of the swimming pool without problem.
• Meets all tests included in ASTM designation # F1346-91 to qualify as a state approved safety device.
• Made of 4mm Polyethylene braid with a breaking strength of about 300 lbs per strand.
• UV and pool chemical resistant.
• Life Expectancy of 8 to 10 years (3 year Parts and Materials Warranty)
• Mesh size 3.5 inches (The head of a crawling baby or small child will NOT go through this size).
• Our swimming pool safety nets are heat treated and will not shrink.
• All fittings used are stainless steel.
• Be sure to read, understand and follow the Installation Guide and Owners Guide.
• Understanding and following the Installation and Owners Guide will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury.
This section assumes the swimming pool safety net net is properly installed, tensioned, maintained and securely in place.
Swimming pool water level must be maintained a minimum of 5" below swimming pool safety net.
We service the following areas:
Arizona - Chandler, Tempe, Ahwatukee, Mesa, Gilbert, Phoenix, Glendale, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee Foothills, Anthem, Apache Junction, Gold Canyon, Buckeye, Cave Creek, Carefree, Litchfield Park and surrounding areas.
Nevada - Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, Summerlin and surrounding areas.